Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sex scandal in the Sejm

From: NPE
The 33-year old Civic Platform (PO) ex-MP, known as Miss Sejm after being voted Poland’s sexiest MP, told reporters that she suffered “indecent and immoral proposals” from a senior politician.

“It happened on the first day of my work in the Sejm. I was totally shocked,” she told the daily newspaper Gazeta Wyborcza.

“One of the MPs, not from my party, accosted me in a very direct way, he may even have used the word ‘baby’, and asked me for my room number at the hotel I was staying in.

“It was a miracle I didn’t slap him in the face,” she added, declining to reveal the identity of the pervy MP.

“It’s terrible, disgraceful and completely unworthy of our politicians,” said lawyer Jacek Kondracki, adding there may be a criminal investigation.

“If he served as a senior member to Mrs Mucha then we are dealing with the sexual harassment of a subordinate, which is a crime,” he said.

A few months after the incident, Mucha says she moved out of the hotel reserved especially for Sejm members.

“Through the thin walls you can hear everything - at night it is horrible. One can neither work nor sleep. I wanted privacy because I came to Warsaw to work - you just can’t live there,” she revealed.

It has yet to be decided whether criminal proceedings will begin.